Skip to main content

Romans 12:16

“Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.”
Romans 12:16

The way in which we think controls our outward appearance. Especially for me, if you spend 5 minutes with me you'll understand what my emotion is always clearly presented in my facial expressions. It's both a blessing and a curse, when I need someone to talk to the people around me always know something is bugging me but when it's over something stupid i can't get away with a negative thought with the people around me. Not that I can ever get away with it when it comes to God.
No matter what we are thinking our body will follow, that's why it is so important to be of one kind with team mates. To make sure that you all have to same end goal in mind and that you are focusing on God on not ourselves. We are no better than when we were running from the Lord. We can't change the fact that we are all gross sinners with bad intentions, even when we think our minds our i bathe right place.
The only way to truest get our minds into the right place is to give our thoughts to the Lord. To let go of our ways and our thoughts and hand them over for Him to clean and sort our thoughts. It's not something that happens over night, it takes time, it takes diligence. But he outcome is bringing us closer to the Lord where we want to stand in one mind with the people serving around us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

James 1:5

As I sit here in Antigua Guatemala on an extremely chilly morning in the court yard looking at the top of the Agua volcano I wonder how I ended up here. This obviously wasn't in my own power, both God and I knew that I needed something radical in order to turn my life around. God, who knows all, picked me up out of Hanover Massachusetts and Flew me 8 hours south to Central America. God’s wisdom is abundantly greater than my own, and intact I wouldn't have an ounce of wisdom without Him. My God can see what happened, what is happening, and what is going to happen. He knows the way for me. The Lord has an amazing plan for me and He has that because He is wise. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare (peace) and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11. God already knows my future because He lives outside of time. He has a plan and I have no idea what that is. God has mad me some promises for my life and I know that my God...

Hosea 2:8-9

Even in the rough and dry season of our lives, the seasons where we feel as if the Lord is everywhere but with us He is there providing. These few verses are proof of the Lord’s kind hearted nature. Gomer was an adulterous woman who the Lord still loved and provided for. Even in the midst of her sin He was there providing for her. The Lord is constantly providing for His children regardless of if His children see it or not. Even when His children are completely lost and broken He is there to provide for them.   When we start to think that we are getting somewhere on our own or when we begin to believe that there is nothing to thank the Lord for because we are unable to see the little things that He has given us we need to stop and repent from that way of thinking. The Lord is always the One providing us with our weekly paychecks that we rely on. The Lord is constantly the One providing the food that we eat, the water we drink, the air that we breath. To be blind to that is t...