Skip to main content

Luke 8:11-15

Something that a lot of people fail to realize is the fact that the enemy doesn't attack the dead. The enemy attacks what it is threatened by. Satan wont go out of his way seeking to bring bad things and hard times to those who are not interested in the Lord. If we are not rooting ourselves in the Lord the enemy can come out of nowhere, cause us to stumble, and cause us to take steps back in our walk with the Lord. Honestly, I was that way for years. I stood on the rock that is God but I wasn't held down and whenever hard times came I turned from the Lord. I turned because I was angry and bitter towards the one who loves me the most. I was mistaking the hard times as coming from God when in reality it wasn’t Him at all. If you're argument for not taking root in the Lord because you enjoy your life the way it is then think about it this way. If you place a frog in a boiling pot of water it will jump out immediately, but if you place it in cold water and gradually warm it the frog will stay in and die. If the enemy were to throw all of these obstacles your way you would be more likely to seek a Savior, but if he doesn't seek you out then you are less likely to feel the need for a Savior. But like the frog sitting in the water that gradually gets warmer it will end with death, it’s as simple as that. So it is very important that we plant our seed in good soil and that it can take root in. Hold onto the faith and don't let go, because anything that the enemy will throw your way will not take away from how loving and how tenderhearted the Lord is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 43:1 “But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.”

What a beautiful thing is is to realize that the Lord of all creation calls me by name. He knows the littlest things bout me, even the things that I don't know. He knows my thoughts before i think them. He knows my actions before I do them. He remembers things that I have forgotten and He knows my future. He knows my flaws. He knows my insecurities. He knows EVERYTHING. He doesn't just know my name but he knows it all. I find a lot of comfort in that but it is also an incredible reminder that I can not hide anything from God. He knows everything that goes on in my heart. He knows the dark areas of my heart and He wants nothing more than for me to allow Him into those dark places. I’ll admit though, I struggle with it sometimes. Dying to self is a daily task, it isn't a once for all thing. It’s waking up everyday and allowing the Lord into every situation. Unfortunately somedays I wake up and part of my heart is hardened towards the Lord. Sometimes I even neglect to give ...

James 1:5

As I sit here in Antigua Guatemala on an extremely chilly morning in the court yard looking at the top of the Agua volcano I wonder how I ended up here. This obviously wasn't in my own power, both God and I knew that I needed something radical in order to turn my life around. God, who knows all, picked me up out of Hanover Massachusetts and Flew me 8 hours south to Central America. God’s wisdom is abundantly greater than my own, and intact I wouldn't have an ounce of wisdom without Him. My God can see what happened, what is happening, and what is going to happen. He knows the way for me. The Lord has an amazing plan for me and He has that because He is wise. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare (peace) and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11. God already knows my future because He lives outside of time. He has a plan and I have no idea what that is. God has mad me some promises for my life and I know that my God...

Psalm 17:15

From the moment that I awake I should be satisfied. From the very beginning of each and every day I should be satisfied in the Lord. If I am being completely honest, I often forget to come before the Lord the second I wake up, before I even get out of bed. I often forget to ask the Lord for my desires to match His desires for my life, let alone that specific day. I often find myself lacking joy, lacking wisdom, lacking the Lord in my day. It is then that I realize I am lacking those things because I never came before the Lord and asked Him to fill me with His joy. I never came before Him that day to ask him for His wisdom. Looking at the word awake in another sense, we are never to be asleep in the Lord. We should be constantly moving forward, constantly seeking to be at the foot of the cross waiting for Him to speak into our lives. The Lord warns us, multiple times in 1st Thessalonians 5:2, 1st Peter 3:10, Revelation 16:15, etc. that He will be coming like a thief in the night. No...