Skip to main content

Ephesians 5:21

 The Lord calls me to be a dead man. Dead men don't have a voice nor do they do anything in their own will. Dead men have to be told what to do and they also don't have emotion. They don't complain and they don't grumble.they just listen and do, nothing more and nothing less. They have submitted themselves to the way of the Lord. Submit, "to stop trying to fight or resist something: to agree to do or accept something that you have been resisting or opposing. In respect of what the Lord calls us to do I have to submit just like that. I have to willingly and openly submit to others without complaint and without a bad thought in my heart. The Lord looks at my heart, not what I am doing for the face I might be putting on. Because I am people but for the Lord. If a friend asks me to do something and should be acting as if Jesus Himself had asked me to do it. My heart should be filled with the joy of the Lord always and all that I do should reflect that. Even the smallest details of my life. I am called to submit myself to the way the Lord (James 4:7) and all else will follow. The Lord will fill my heart with joy and strength. He will give me the strength to submit because I can't do that in my own strength. All strength is of the Lord and to follow his call and to become a dead man it  must be done with his strength in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colossians 1:11

Once you decide to accept the Lord into your heart He doesn't fail to give you strength when you ask for it. The Lord has an endless abundance of strength and power that can be accessed via the Holy Spirit when the Lord allows.The Lord allows for us to do things in His strength due to the fact that it allows us to fulfill the plans in which He has. These plans that He strengthens us for will not fail to glorify His name in the end, no matter how long it takes.The Lord’s purpose for our lives is this, that He will show His endless power and glory. The crazy part about this is the fact that He doesn't need us to do anything, but because He loves us He uses us. He uses the broken to show just how amazing His love and mercy is. The Lord calls us to have patience and endurance for His sake. Our flesh, by nature, is not born with either of those qualities. Speaking more specifically about myself, I have zero strength in my own power. I lack both patience and endurance, but becaus

Romans 1:10 “always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you.”

Paul, described as a servant of the Lord and one of the apostles, had a desire to visit Rome and to share with them more of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without ceasing Paul mentioned and brought his desires before the Lord. He didn't grow weary he prayed with the sure understanding that the Lord was listening and heard Him. Paul longed to go to Rome, he wanted it so badly but the Lord didn't give it to him right away. He had to travel to many other places before making it to Rome. He prayed for years upon years WITHOUT ceasing and the Lord gave him the desire of his heart.  Finally in chapter 27 of Acts, after years of following the Lord, and remaining faithful, Paul is on a boat heading for Rome! But while at sea they encounter a storm and the boat is shipwrecked. Those of board were forced out of the boat and to swim to land, they ended up on Malta. I cant imagine what must have been going through Paul’s head at this point. I know that if I were in His situation, I

Psalm 111:10

What is wisdom? The quality of having experience, knowledge and good judgement. (New Oxford Dictionary) How often am I willing to hear my Lord’s wisdom? Not as often as I should, thats for sure. The great thing about our Lord is the fact that He didn't need to come to the earth to show us He understood and had the experience, knowledge, and good judgement, but he did. Jesus Christ came to this earth with the wisdom of the Lord in Him. He had an ear willing to listen to God’s voice. Being more like my Lord, Jesus Christ, is something that I try to strive for on a daily basis, and every single day I fall short of that because I am imperfect, but if I carry the wisdom of the Lord with me I don't have to trip up on the little things. If I practice wisdom and I mean really practice it, I can only imagine what God will show me in return.  God calls us to love each other unconditionally because why? Because it wise. My Lord understands how wise it is to love one another as He has