Skip to main content

Psalm 111:10

What is wisdom? The quality of having experience, knowledge and good judgement. (New Oxford Dictionary) How often am I willing to hear my Lord’s wisdom? Not as often as I should, thats for sure. The great thing about our Lord is the fact that He didn't need to come to the earth to show us He understood and had the experience, knowledge, and good judgement, but he did. Jesus Christ came to this earth with the wisdom of the Lord in Him. He had an ear willing to listen to God’s voice. Being more like my Lord, Jesus Christ, is something that I try to strive for on a daily basis, and every single day I fall short of that because I am imperfect, but if I carry the wisdom of the Lord with me I don't have to trip up on the little things. If I practice wisdom and I mean really practice it, I can only imagine what God will show me in return. 
God calls us to love each other unconditionally because why? Because it wise. My Lord understands how wise it is to love one another as He has first loved us. “Love is patient, love is kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude, it does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong doing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” (1st Corinthians 13:4-7). Do I strive to love the people that God has placed into my life, not all of the time. What would happen if I listened to the wisdom that God has placed in His word when it comes to love? I cant even imagine how He would take that and change my life. 
I am not a patient person but with God’s power I can be patient. My love is not kind but God is. My love is envious and it boasts. My love is arrogant and it is rude. My love insists its own way. My love is both irritable and resentful. My love can rejoice at wrong doings and not rejoice at truths. My love does not bear all things, believe all things, nor does it hope all things. My love fails, God’s love does not
If I want to be more Like my Savior like I say I do I have to strive for that. I have to work for it. I have to being willing and I have to be flexible. I have to have an ear willing to hear His wisdom and eyes to see what is good and wise in His sight. I must love as God first loved me because that is what His wisdom would call me to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colossians 1:11

Once you decide to accept the Lord into your heart He doesn't fail to give you strength when you ask for it. The Lord has an endless abundance of strength and power that can be accessed via the Holy Spirit when the Lord allows.The Lord allows for us to do things in His strength due to the fact that it allows us to fulfill the plans in which He has. These plans that He strengthens us for will not fail to glorify His name in the end, no matter how long it takes.The Lord’s purpose for our lives is this, that He will show His endless power and glory. The crazy part about this is the fact that He doesn't need us to do anything, but because He loves us He uses us. He uses the broken to show just how amazing His love and mercy is. The Lord calls us to have patience and endurance for His sake. Our flesh, by nature, is not born with either of those qualities. Speaking more specifically about myself, I have zero strength in my own power. I lack both patience and endurance, but becaus

Romans 1:10 “always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you.”

Paul, described as a servant of the Lord and one of the apostles, had a desire to visit Rome and to share with them more of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without ceasing Paul mentioned and brought his desires before the Lord. He didn't grow weary he prayed with the sure understanding that the Lord was listening and heard Him. Paul longed to go to Rome, he wanted it so badly but the Lord didn't give it to him right away. He had to travel to many other places before making it to Rome. He prayed for years upon years WITHOUT ceasing and the Lord gave him the desire of his heart.  Finally in chapter 27 of Acts, after years of following the Lord, and remaining faithful, Paul is on a boat heading for Rome! But while at sea they encounter a storm and the boat is shipwrecked. Those of board were forced out of the boat and to swim to land, they ended up on Malta. I cant imagine what must have been going through Paul’s head at this point. I know that if I were in His situation, I