Skip to main content

James 3:13-17

The Lord’s heart is a vast ocean of love and mercy but more often than not I forget how deep and how wide that is. Both bitterness and jealousy are things that I struggle with on a daily basis. I have a hard time forgiving people the same way that my Savior forgave me. I struggle to not be jealous of the people around me. Being a girl there is always something telling me me that I have to be the prettiest and that I have to be the skinniest, but why? If the Lord is perfection He can not possibly create word that is imperfect. “I praise, you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works. My soul knows it very well.” My God doesn't make mistakes. Selfishness is another one of those things that can try to take root in my life. I can look at what I think I have and think that I cant give that up because I worked so hard for it. But you know what, it wasn't my work. Nothing that I do has ever been done in my own power. All of my power is of the Lord and who am I to be selfish with what the Lord has blessed me with. Those thoughts are not from the Lord. Those are areas of my life that I allow the enemy to have an inch and before I know it, He has taken a whole mile. I can not possibly put order to my life with my bitterness, my jealousy, and my selfishness. Those are things that I must past to the Lord and allow him to uproot.  God’s wisdom and Gods ways is with our flaw. God has a beautiful plan for my life and all I need to do is obey His call, be obedient, and give Him the areas of my life in which I struggle with, with is essentially all of the areas because I am unable to make something beautiful out of my flesh. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romans 1:10 “always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you.”

Paul, described as a servant of the Lord and one of the apostles, had a desire to visit Rome and to share with them more of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without ceasing Paul mentioned and brought his desires before the Lord. He didn't grow weary he prayed with the sure understanding that the Lord was listening and heard Him. Paul longed to go to Rome, he wanted it so badly but the Lord didn't give it to him right away. He had to travel to many other places before making it to Rome. He prayed for years upon years WITHOUT ceasing and the Lord gave him the desire of his heart.  Finally in chapter 27 of Acts, after years of following the Lord, and remaining faithful, Paul is on a boat heading for Rome! But while at sea they encounter a storm and the boat is shipwrecked. Those of board were forced out of the boat and to swim to land, they ended up on Malta. I cant imagine what must have been going through Paul’s head at this point. I know that if I were in His situation, I

Colossians 1:11

Once you decide to accept the Lord into your heart He doesn't fail to give you strength when you ask for it. The Lord has an endless abundance of strength and power that can be accessed via the Holy Spirit when the Lord allows.The Lord allows for us to do things in His strength due to the fact that it allows us to fulfill the plans in which He has. These plans that He strengthens us for will not fail to glorify His name in the end, no matter how long it takes.The Lord’s purpose for our lives is this, that He will show His endless power and glory. The crazy part about this is the fact that He doesn't need us to do anything, but because He loves us He uses us. He uses the broken to show just how amazing His love and mercy is. The Lord calls us to have patience and endurance for His sake. Our flesh, by nature, is not born with either of those qualities. Speaking more specifically about myself, I have zero strength in my own power. I lack both patience and endurance, but becaus

Psalm 27:13-14

It is important to remain confident that the Lord will come through. Sometimes we pray to God asking the same questions for days, months, or even years without a response. But we must know and truly believe one thing, we will see the goodness of the Lord and we must wait on Him. We need to remain in good courage without doubting His love and His promises. The word of the Lord proves true and we must stand steadfast upon that truth. Psalm 18:30 “This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.” The Lord will provide us with the strength that we need to press on and as soon as we believe we dot need His strength and we try to rely on our own is when we will fall to the ground. We must press on and know for an absolute fact that whatever the Lord is doing and whatever we cant see it is being worked out for His plan and His great and divine purpose. As David waited on the Lord He didn't just sit around waiting. He was