Skip to main content

Luke 9:62 "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

So this verse leads me to ask myself two very simple yet two very needed questions. Question number one, are my hands on the plow? Question 2, if so am I at all looking backwards?

So my answer to the first question is so simple and easy that it is almost reflex. Yes, absolutely my hand is on the plow. Unfortunately, on the other hand the second question really depends on the day, but why? Why do I allow my feelings to dictate what I worship. Why do I allow my feelings to control my eyes. Somedays when I lose sight of my identity in the Lord I look back to find my identity in past past, whatever that may be. But then, before I know it, my hands are off of the plow and I am walking towards whatever my eyes are focused on. The Lord calls me to follow Him and never look back. He calls me to walk in the new creation that I was made  into when I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. My old self, the person that I used to be and the person that used to find temporary happiness in sin is dead and I need to act like it. I know exactly where sin will get me. I know exactly how I will feel after I partake in my old ways. I shouldn’t let those things distract me nor tempt me. I chose to follow Christ because I realized that without Him there is nothing. There is no happiness, no satisfaction, no anything! I know exactly how it feels to find my identity in the world, it feels nice and pleasant for a season but as soon as that season comes to an end I end up miserable. Not only am I disobeying the Lord by looking back but I am also not fit for the kingdom of Heaven! I need to whole heartily accept that the Lord is my everything and forget who I was and focus on the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colossians 1:11

Once you decide to accept the Lord into your heart He doesn't fail to give you strength when you ask for it. The Lord has an endless abundance of strength and power that can be accessed via the Holy Spirit when the Lord allows.The Lord allows for us to do things in His strength due to the fact that it allows us to fulfill the plans in which He has. These plans that He strengthens us for will not fail to glorify His name in the end, no matter how long it takes.The Lord’s purpose for our lives is this, that He will show His endless power and glory. The crazy part about this is the fact that He doesn't need us to do anything, but because He loves us He uses us. He uses the broken to show just how amazing His love and mercy is. The Lord calls us to have patience and endurance for His sake. Our flesh, by nature, is not born with either of those qualities. Speaking more specifically about myself, I have zero strength in my own power. I lack both patience and endurance, but becaus

Romans 1:10 “always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you.”

Paul, described as a servant of the Lord and one of the apostles, had a desire to visit Rome and to share with them more of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without ceasing Paul mentioned and brought his desires before the Lord. He didn't grow weary he prayed with the sure understanding that the Lord was listening and heard Him. Paul longed to go to Rome, he wanted it so badly but the Lord didn't give it to him right away. He had to travel to many other places before making it to Rome. He prayed for years upon years WITHOUT ceasing and the Lord gave him the desire of his heart.  Finally in chapter 27 of Acts, after years of following the Lord, and remaining faithful, Paul is on a boat heading for Rome! But while at sea they encounter a storm and the boat is shipwrecked. Those of board were forced out of the boat and to swim to land, they ended up on Malta. I cant imagine what must have been going through Paul’s head at this point. I know that if I were in His situation, I

Psalm 111:10

What is wisdom? The quality of having experience, knowledge and good judgement. (New Oxford Dictionary) How often am I willing to hear my Lord’s wisdom? Not as often as I should, thats for sure. The great thing about our Lord is the fact that He didn't need to come to the earth to show us He understood and had the experience, knowledge, and good judgement, but he did. Jesus Christ came to this earth with the wisdom of the Lord in Him. He had an ear willing to listen to God’s voice. Being more like my Lord, Jesus Christ, is something that I try to strive for on a daily basis, and every single day I fall short of that because I am imperfect, but if I carry the wisdom of the Lord with me I don't have to trip up on the little things. If I practice wisdom and I mean really practice it, I can only imagine what God will show me in return.  God calls us to love each other unconditionally because why? Because it wise. My Lord understands how wise it is to love one another as He has