Skip to main content

Psalm 24:7

The Lord doesn’t forget anything but that doesn't mean that he choices to remember. When we come to the Lord asking Him for forgiveness He is never short on forgiving us of our disgusting sins. Something just as great as His forgiveness is that we have a list of zero wrongs. Our list of wrongs is a blank sheet of paper, there is absolutely nothing on it. Even though that is a fact that I know I often forget it. I forget that the Lord makes the choice, not one that He as to make by any means, but He choices to not remember. He is so merciful and He is so incredibly loving that no human being will ever be able to understand it. As humans we tend to walk by emotions, we walk by what we feel and not what we know. I catch myself tripping on my emotions on a daily basis. I forget what I know and I focus on what I feel. This isn't me trying to invalidate emotions, the Lord gave us emotions for a reason, but He never intended on us to focus on them. 
If the Lord has forgiven me and I know that He has forgiven me why do I still carry around the regret of my past? Why do I force myself to think about things over and over agin worrying about the what ifs, what if I never did that and did that, et cetera. I need to forgive myself as the Lord has forgiven me. I am not the one and only exceptions to the promises that He gave all of man kind. The Lord choices to forgive me and not remember my past but why can’t I forgive myself and move on? Whenever I find myself thinking back and regretting I need to remember who my Savior is and who I can be for Him right now, not the years that I can’t change, the years I decided to throw away, and the mistakes that I have made. I am a new creation in the Lord. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2nd Corinthians 5:16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romans 1:10 “always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you.”

Paul, described as a servant of the Lord and one of the apostles, had a desire to visit Rome and to share with them more of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without ceasing Paul mentioned and brought his desires before the Lord. He didn't grow weary he prayed with the sure understanding that the Lord was listening and heard Him. Paul longed to go to Rome, he wanted it so badly but the Lord didn't give it to him right away. He had to travel to many other places before making it to Rome. He prayed for years upon years WITHOUT ceasing and the Lord gave him the desire of his heart.  Finally in chapter 27 of Acts, after years of following the Lord, and remaining faithful, Paul is on a boat heading for Rome! But while at sea they encounter a storm and the boat is shipwrecked. Those of board were forced out of the boat and to swim to land, they ended up on Malta. I cant imagine what must have been going through Paul’s head at this point. I know that if I were in His situation, I

Colossians 1:11

Once you decide to accept the Lord into your heart He doesn't fail to give you strength when you ask for it. The Lord has an endless abundance of strength and power that can be accessed via the Holy Spirit when the Lord allows.The Lord allows for us to do things in His strength due to the fact that it allows us to fulfill the plans in which He has. These plans that He strengthens us for will not fail to glorify His name in the end, no matter how long it takes.The Lord’s purpose for our lives is this, that He will show His endless power and glory. The crazy part about this is the fact that He doesn't need us to do anything, but because He loves us He uses us. He uses the broken to show just how amazing His love and mercy is. The Lord calls us to have patience and endurance for His sake. Our flesh, by nature, is not born with either of those qualities. Speaking more specifically about myself, I have zero strength in my own power. I lack both patience and endurance, but becaus

Psalm 27:13-14

It is important to remain confident that the Lord will come through. Sometimes we pray to God asking the same questions for days, months, or even years without a response. But we must know and truly believe one thing, we will see the goodness of the Lord and we must wait on Him. We need to remain in good courage without doubting His love and His promises. The word of the Lord proves true and we must stand steadfast upon that truth. Psalm 18:30 “This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.” The Lord will provide us with the strength that we need to press on and as soon as we believe we dot need His strength and we try to rely on our own is when we will fall to the ground. We must press on and know for an absolute fact that whatever the Lord is doing and whatever we cant see it is being worked out for His plan and His great and divine purpose. As David waited on the Lord He didn't just sit around waiting. He was